Food Safety Level 2
Gain the qualification you need to demonstrate that you have the knowledge needed to prepare, cook and handle food safely. This course will provide food handlers with an appreciation and understanding of good food hygiene practice.
The 1 day RSPH Level 2 Award in Food Safety is aimed at food handlers – anyone whose job role includes cooking, preparing or serving food. It is a legal requirement that food handlers are trained to a level that is appropriate to their job role. The minimum level of training required would be covered by a Level 2 food safety course.
Awarded by Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH).
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Define food safety.
- State the symptoms and causes of food poisoning.
- State the benefits associated with good food safety.
- State the sources of food poisoning bacteria.
- Describe how food poisoning can occur and how it can be prevented.
- Define cross-contamination.
- State the requirements for construction for food premises.
- Define the term “food pest”.
- State the statuary requirements for food premises.
- State the benefits of a documented food management system.
Tel: 01772 921107
Cotton Court Business Centre,